Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
post #2397 of (permalink) Old 12-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
Well, NLP didn't get the snow that everyone was saying we were going to get last night. Got 3-6 inches coming and a blizzard warning in effect for the area,.. Oh, right about the time I'll be driving home!!!

I don't know if it I used up my legs thurs. & fri. riding the shitty conditions but,..

...I SUCKED yesterday!!!! Just couldn't seem to stay off my ass! & on EASY SHIT TOO!! (...I wasn't confused over the crashes on the icy steep stuff, but the easy shit, & on the runnout to the lift???)

I Couldn't ride switch worth a fuck all day, even riding regular, It seemed like I wasn't fully in control & was always on the verge of catching an edge, caught myself riding in the backseat a half dozen times!!! WTF???? I even managed to somersault myself on an easy switch, toe side turn!! Lucky I didn't slam my head! (...altho I'm always "brain-bucketed"!)

Nose dug into some softer shit at the start of the turn, next thing you know the back of my shoulders r bouncing off the deck, me & the board go up & over and somehow I end up on my knees facing uphill! I did a complete back flip!! No part of me in contact with the snow until touchdown!!!

I felt like I was riding better, faster & with WAY more control on that icy cement they had @ Alpine, first day out this season!! Again I ask,.. WTF????

This was not a great weekend,.. but hey!!!! At least I'm riding???
where did you ride? I was at nubs today and the snow was pretty good. Once it started dumping around 2 putting some soft stuff down things got even better!! Didn't look like too many were at highlands today.

You can get a veto ticket for this weekend as it wasn't real snow you were on