Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 08:07 AM   #2397 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
where did you ride? I was at nubs today and the snow was pretty good. Once it started dumping around 2 putting some soft stuff down things got even better!! Didn't look like too many were at highlands today.

You can get a veto ticket for this weekend as it wasn't real snow you were on
Yeah, someone at the motel told me Nub's was pretty good on Sat. (...dude was a skier so not sure if what's "good" for him is necessarily the same for boarders?) So I was considering getting my last 3-4 hours in over there Sun. morning, but I had my board checked overnight @ highlands & when I picked it up, I thought as long as I was there, I'd take a run or 2 before going across the street.

Anyway, the conditions were better Sun than they were thur thru sat & nobody checked my lift ticket from Sat. so I got to ride for free those last 3 hours. (...figured they owed me for wasting half a day @ B. Mnt. on fri.) Nub's would have been another $40 for just a couple hours!

I'm still considering a "Quicky" overnighter up that way next weekend. Have to wait & see if the 7 day forecast for cold & snow holds!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15

Last edited by chomps1211; 12-10-2012 at 08:27 AM.
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote