Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Laminate help
Thread: Laminate help
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Sorry to see that man. The first one hurts! If it is just the topsheet it was likely another boarder or a skier in the lift line. Edges and top sheets do not get along. You can trip the old material if it is really thrashed or clamp it back down. Slow epoxy to fix. Perfformance and longevity will not be affected at all. If it is more than just topsheet let us know.
Not trying to hijack the thread, but I had a bit of similar damage on the tip of the tail of my board occur this weekend. Now I'm not here cryin' about "Oh No, my pretty, pretty board"! I already had a bit of damage in this spot prior, but after a really good switch wipeout, it peeled back about a 1/4 inch & 1.5-2 inches across.

I would like to know if I can (...or should) glue it down so it won't get peeled back any further next time! (...cuz I'm certain there will be a "next time"!)

I'd like to know if there is some specific kind of epoxy I should use, or is any slow set stuff OK? I'm planning to samich the glued spot between two small blocks of wood & clamp it tight. Want to be sure I don't use something that might damage the top sheet.

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
chomps1211 is online now   Reply With Quote