Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Absolute newb, rent? Or buy board?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony477g View Post
Ive only gone snowboarding once and wasn't very good. This year though i plan on taking a lesson to get the basics down quicker. I could get down the hill i just couldnt turn I was also on a black diamond, Imagine that. Anyway I have three options with the board. Rent which would be $35 everytime i go. Buy a cheaper board considering im new, but i'd have to have it for a while and in the long run it'll probably just sit there. Or just go out and buy a board $350 and up and have that one for a very long time. I already have boots I just need the board and bindings.
A lot of places will have a deal on lift ticket, lessons, and rentals for not much more than the price of a lift ticket. Go that way for a few days at least and then make a decision.

You really are best off buying something used for $200 or so as a first board. After the first season resell it for nearly what you bought it for, and then buy yourself something fancier.

I know too many people that bought a Lib Tech T.Rice Pro as their first board. Without ever really being on the snow...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote