Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Is this odd or is it just me?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #26 (permalink)
JeffreyCH
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
The other issue....you were riding bad ass and they did not want to have a ski patrol be associated with such a frickin gnarls showing them up doing crazy like 3 ollie over ropes to tail tap the sticks to cliff drop; and generally haulin ass down groomers; they were afraid of some tourist might report that a patroller was out of control.
I trained with patrol for 2 seasons, and they are very sticky about this. It was drilled into the trainees time and again, you must maintain control, no features, no jumps...no fun!! And yeah, they are pretty serious about jackets too, one of the guys I was training with had bought a patrol jacket, and they wouldn't let him wear it on the hill. Also, no stickers on your helmet or board.

The reason you don't see many patrollers on snowboards is cause it's a bitch to drag a sled down the hill behind a board. I will say this, pulling 200+ lbs. down the hill will make you up your game, my technical riding skill progressed exponentially over those 2 seasons. Oh and the consequences of falling are way more severe, you bail in front of that sled and it can kill you.

Last edited by JeffreyCH; 12-10-2012 at 09:33 AM.
JeffreyCH is offline   Reply With Quote