Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Member, First Board Purchase Help!
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
texassnow24

Default New Member, First Board Purchase Help!

Hoping you experts can help! I am in the process of looking for my first purchased board and bindings.

Some background...

Skill Level: Beginner- Int.
Type of Rider: Mostly on the groomed trails, however, am looking for a board that I can take to the next level and do a little park/jumps.
Height: 5'10"
Weight:160lb

I am practically a newbie to snowboarding compared to the group on here. I have only ever rented boards, matter of fact I believe it has always been a Burton Cruzer. I am tired of renting, and now would like to purchase a package that would last me fairly long. When I first started, I picked up the sport quickly (maybe because I grew up surfing/skating/wakeboarding) and was cruising just as fast as my crew on the blues within a few hours. With that said, I feel fairly comfortable with getting a better board and investing a little money. I am looking for a board that will do it all. As I mentioned above, I am mostly on the trails, but eventually I would like to try some parks. Even so, I imagine I will always be free-riding the mountains for the most part.

I have already purchased Burton Moto 2012 for my boots. When I went to the local Sun and Ski, the guy recommended the Ride Machete and the K2 Raygun. I am not sure if he recommended these because of certain incentives, but his reasoning seemed fair.

My question for ya'll is whether you agree with the above, and why (based on my level, growth rate, and prior board use), or if you have other recommendations for a board?

I would also like recommendations on the bindings, but I am most torn on picking a board.

Thanks in advance!

texassnow24 is offline   Reply With Quote