Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - GNU vs NEVER SUMMER vs LIBTECH
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 04:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamantea View Post
What do you mean by better dampening system for the Lotus? She wants to be able to rip through anything and is now leaning towards the GNU Bpro 152?

What is the difference between freeride and aggressive riding?
The Lotus is really damp and will ride smooth over all sorts of crud. Also, it's NOT a s super stiff board. Who ever said that probably hasn't ridden the damn thing. It's got a 4 rating on the NS site and I found it to be not super stiff. Especially not when compared to the Bpro.

I demoed both the Lotus and the B Pro. IIRC the B Pro is a true twin with a centered stance and the Lotus is slightly set back and directional twin. This also changes year to year with model so check the stats!

After riding a few different boards I realized I did not want a true twin, but a directional twin. The tail is stiffer and the stance is a 1/2" set back. But that is something that I think everyone probably needs to figure out on their own.

I didn't like the B Pro and couldn't get my stance right,. It was a deep pow day and I stopped three times to adjust my bindings and got really fucking pissed I was missing ride time and almost tossed the board over the side of the mountain...ahem.......After reading Wraths praise of the board (and the fact the new model has unicorns) I'd like to give it another shot.