Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stowe last weekend...VT's in bad shape!
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
surfinsnow
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efilnikufesin View Post
March really is the best time to hit the northern Vermont places, they seem to get dumped on then, early late season is always sketchy.

Though not as much snow, I do love Sugarloaf. It's a drive, but there are no crowds, the mountain is HUGE for EC, it stays cold so less freeze/thaw, and always seems to get enough snow to freshen up nicely when you need. Spring boarding is also awesome there, often till May. Probably my favorite place on the EC, though I haven't hit Jay at the right times myself, just spring or windblown conditions when I have been there.

Edit: Did I mention ski and stays in condos are dirt cheap at the 'Loaf?
Never been to Sugarloaf. We tried to book a couple of days at Jay Peak for New Years, but the place is 100% booked. No problem...the last week of January I've got Jay/Burke tix for $35/day! They'll have some snow by then, and it's well worth the drive. We'll hit Sugarloaf one of these days...it's just a long haul from Eastern CT.
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote