Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Toe-side carving issues
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 10:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
DRA6N

Default Toe-side carving issues

I have been snowboarding a few seasons and then I stopped for about 3 years (due to geographical location and work) Finally I am stationed in korea for a while and starting to get back into it full speed...

well Ive been pretty decent at carving with my heel-side (im regular footed) and even at higher speeds.. But every time I try to switch over onto my toe-side edge I always get wobbly and end up eating it. I dont have much toe hangover (at least I dont think I do) I wear a size 11.5 boot and Im on a wide.. What am I missing? Just not dipping my knees into the mountain enough? It seems I get too scared when i try the toe portions of my S-curves...

this is killing me as once I get some speed up I always have to do a falling leaf and switch sides to curve back the other direction.. Its clear that I do this a lot as my heel side wax is pretty worn compared to toe side.. I leave the hill with a sharp toe edge too..
DRA6N is offline   Reply With Quote