Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Washington State, first time.
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
wrathfuldeity
Resident poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog42 View Post
Thanks for your advice. I plan on staying in Seattle.
As for what kind of terrain I'd like to be riding, I LOVE untouched, off-trail powder, from what I experienced in CO. I loved it almost as much as I love whipped cream on caramel-apple and granola pancakes.

However, I'm going with my bro who is still learning and has yet to experience powder. It would be great for him to learn how to float in it, but he'd have to get faster on his turns to control it first, so as long as there's plenty of groomed runs we'll be fine. I wouldn't go off trail without someone else of the same abilities to ride with anyway. I don't even know how deep it is yet there, and I heard that the winter out west is pretty crap so far, but the recent webcam pictures of Crystal Mountain looked pretty good. I wouldn't want to ditch my bro anyway. Or would I?

I'll check out Snoqualmie... OK, right now the entire place is closed. Hopefully it will be open in time. Thanks again for the advice.
First, pnw poo is not like CO pow. If ur that close might as well take a look at Bakes, its not that big, there is groomed for the bro and ungroomed 20 feet away, so you both can have fun. If its going off, sleep in the car or get a cheap motel in Bham and do a couple days. And yes, its a pretty crap year and only have a 100" base at the moment.