Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Camber Humps
Thread: Camber Humps
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 03:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Reminiscent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nube View Post
Ok

so I am selling my burton custom 158 because I have found it is too big for my liking. I want something a little more agile and maneuverable. I am looking at a burton custom restricted 2012. However I dunno what to think about the camber humps. From what I hear people are not so sure about them or find it stiff. Thoughts?
If you are searching for something agile and maneuverable you're going to want a stiffer board. The custom restricted 2012 is not noticeably different than the Custom. If you're looking for a stiffer, more agile board than go for the custom X. As for the camber humps, they are designed to apply the functionality of camber boards without compromising the fun of softer, more forgiving boards. I, however, found that they don't make much of a difference. The difference is there, but not very noticeable. It is, however, a good concept. I believe Burton felt unsure of this concept. That's just a guess, based on the reason Burton announced the concept and when it's coming out and then changed the release date. I think that's what happened. Anyways, I recommend checking other boards out from different companies if you want a complete change from the Custom. I recommend any of the hard-charging boards such as: Nitro Blacklight, Libtech horsepower, Ride Machete GT or my beloved 2013 Custom X.
Reminiscent is offline   Reply With Quote