Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboard Instructor (20 years experience) How to??
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
golfer1659

Default Snowboard Instructor (20 years experience) How to??

So basically I am looking to become a snowboard instructor. I have 20 years under my belt and have been giving lessons for about 3 years on and off with friends and friends of friends and everyone raves about it and how I can drastically change their skills within an hour (not boasting).

I was offered a position about 7 years ago at Windham mountain by the head of their snowboard school which I didn't take advantage of because I was at a different point in my life. I was late to the game this year since I just got a house up at Stratton mountain for the season and I just put in last week.

I was just wondering if there is anything I should know about, is there any short training to become certified in any way? My whole key thing is that I understand the core fundamentals of snowboarding extremely well and can deliver it in a clear decisive manner which people can understand. I have played other sports in my life (division 1 golf in college, could have also played basketball) and I give golf lessons also which is a very fundamental sport.

Any guidance would be appreciated.......thanks.............
golfer1659 is online now   Reply With Quote