Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Helping Friends Wife Buy Him a New Board Christmas - Thoughts on the Right Board?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
schmitty34
Veteran Member

Default Helping Friends Wife Buy Him a New Board Christmas - Thoughts on the Right Board?

Situation: My friend's wife emailed me yesterday asking me to help her buy him a new snowboard for Christmas. She wants to surprise him rather than give him a gift card at my favorite local shop to pick one out himself. She said she'd go up to $450 (originally said $300 before I told her that gets her crap if it's new).

The Rider: He has been snowboarding for about 14 years, but has only gone once or twice a year for the last several years. I'd call him a rusty intermediate. He just moved back to Seattle from Cali so I am trying to get him up to the hill more. His current board is a 2002-2003ish Lib Tech Emmegator 165. He's 6 foot and i'd guess about 180-185 so I think the board is too big and the camber doesn't help in the powder which he is not accustom to but will be riding if he rides with me.

The Board: I am thinking he needs an all-mountain board in the 158-159 range that has some type of rocker or rocker hybrid. He'll be mostly just cruising the mountain and hitting powder whenver its available. I'll be pushing him to hit natural jumps and drops once he gets more comfy.

For $450 or less after tax, I've come up with a few options.

GNU Carbon Credit
K2 Raygun
Capita Indor Survival (not sure his wife will like the graphics)
Ride Manic

Thoughts on these options, or any other solid boards that I should consider?

Thanks!!
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote