Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - worst crashes you've seen?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #100 (permalink)
Swifty49

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaric View Post
Thank you sir! For the most part, I'm recovered. The hardest part now is getting the guts and confidence back so I can hit the slopes again.

I'm glad you're getting a helmet! I know the temptations of buying online for good prices is there, but if you have local shops buy your helmet there for a couple reasons. 1, it supports the local community and that's cool 2, you want to try on as many as you can to find one that correctly fits you. Try different brands, different sizes and all that jazz. Make sure it fits correctly, or else it's no good. Don't be afraid to drop a little bit more cash on it if it is the helmet for you.

I'm definitely glad that you're wearing a brainbucket due in part to me sharing my story. I've always had trouble talking about that crash. A few members I was close with here (killclimbz being one of them) got PM's and phone calls a few weeks after letting them know what happened and that was about it. I have never been comfortable talking about it, but knowing that you're willing to wear a helmet now makes me feel 100% better that I shared it. So thank you!!!

/endrant.
Believe me, it's not going to be a cheap bucket. I play hockey every week and the second helmets came out as a 1-piece (instead of 2 pieces held together by screws) with the foamy/squishy inserts, I went out and bought one.

I'm not sure why I was hesitant to buy one right away, perhaps because I figured I'd look like a goofball... but for once in my life, I'm going function over fashion, in large part due to your story.

Again man, the thanks all go to you, not the other way around.
Swifty49 is offline   Reply With Quote