Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Beginner/Intermediate Looking to Purchase First Board
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
mattybee

Default Beginner/Intermediate Looking to Purchase First Board

Hey All! I've been a skier since I was about 4 years old and only been snowboarding about 3-4 times. I'm decent...I can turn fairly well but I go slow and am still learning. My biggest trouble is completely getting the board around in a turn and catching an edge and eating it (broke my wrist last time even though I ate it going less than 1 MPH).

But, i'm ready to go again! I'm looking to buy my own gear this year. There's a million options so I'm just not sure what to get. I'm thinking about the Burton super hero wide 158. I'm 6'2" and 190lbs with a size 13 US foot.

I've been doing a ton of research so here's what I've found so far: I think rocker is better for me because it'll make turning easier and more forgiving? I believe I need wide because I have big feet. Other than that I'm just not sure. I'm looking to spend between $300-400 on the board, $200 on boots and $100-150 on bindings. Is there anything else I should know? What boards should I be looking at? I'd like a board to take me from beginner/intermediate to advanced. Whatever makes catching edges more forgiving is a plus too

Also, what shape is better for someone like me? twin? directional?

Thanks for your opinions!

EDIT: I should mention I'm not going into the parks for at least a few years...so mostly just slopes

Last edited by mattybee; 12-11-2012 at 05:27 PM.
mattybee is offline   Reply With Quote