Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboard Instructor (20 years experience) How to??
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
jeephreak

I used to teach at windham and not to bash them, but its a totally different game there, than when I taught at Bromley. Windham sort of ruined snowboarding for me...They had a very thin 'hiring clinic' and though that was almost 10 years ago and new management took over, some things never change.

When I worked at Bromley they had 3 weeks of hiring / training clinics off snow before you were even allowed to strap a board on. It was an awesome experience and I really stepped up my game as far as understanding different types of learning techniques, dealing with certain behaviors, etc. Really a great process.

I think there is / was OSI or something like that? ASA as well for certs, etc. Some mountains threw a few extra bucks at you for having those certs, others required the certs but often times if your teach and riding skills speak for themselves it doesnt matter. They just want to make money and get those beginners from the magic carpet to the chair as quick as possible. I have a few contacts back at Stratton if you are interested in trying to get a hold of a few peeps. Let me know and I'll see what I can do.