Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Electric EG2 goggles fogging
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
extra0
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someoldguy View Post
...Slipped off to the side of the run once to try to gently wipe out the moisture on the inside. This helped for all of 30 seconds, then fogged up completely again. Could see small droplets of water in between the lenses at the edges. I tried to kind of hold open the bottom of the EG2s when riding at decent speed in an attempt to get some air into them and dry it out some but it didn't help.
yeah, goggle 101: don't ever wipe the inside of the lens when it's wet.

pretty sure droplets in between the lenses shouldn't be there. You may have a faulty lens. I was having all sorts of in between lens fog problems with smith sensors last couple of years...and I never even crashed or wiped the inside lens.

I'm also wondering if the EG2 fit you correctly. The face foam should be snug all the way around your face...no gaps in the nose area. One would think having a slight gap or two between the foam and your skin wouldn't be a problem, considering goggles are already vented, but maybe it's throwing the inner atmospheric balance off.

if there's any way to have at least one set backup set of goggles handy (in a backpack, in the car or with a non-riding friend), that would help lengthen your day. You can let the fogged goggle dry naturally while wearing the others.
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote