Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - PSA: Kessler Ride - 158/163/168 - $995 CDN
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 12:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reminiscent View Post
I'll buy the virus off of ya
Funny guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dice View Post
I have it in 168 and absolutely LOVE IT!
Can't wait to read your rev. on the Virus!
Cheers bud...
Picked up the Virus today, mounted my C60s and headed for nakiska to try some groomer laps. I want to wait after a few days of break in, and hopefully have somebody else ride it so I can give it an unbiased review.

My two words for it at this point are... HOLY and FUCK

It felt totally foreign at first, but within 4 laps I was carving harder on my toe side than I've ever carved before (and I consider myself an advanced softboot carver)... It was unbelievable. I still need to get out more, as the slider turns felt very foreign, and getting it down into a carve felt very locked in, I felt like I was going to fall on my face or my ass a few times. But when I just went with it and pointed my toes and carved, I was suddenly confronted with the snow surface a foot away from my face passing by at a blinding pace. I now see how the euro carvers do it. I got on my toes, and there was the snow. Bang. Carve. HOLY FUCK... Nothing like anything I've ever been on before!

More review material to come later when I've had the chance to actually get used to it and use it on more than just hardpack/ice. Although it does the former quite well...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote