Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Making the most of Whistler in 2.5 days
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 01:53 AM   #18 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
true I've not been to Calgary, but there are some pretty good steakhouses here in Toronto, and my experience has been that the best ones are in chicago - the US meat grading system leads a fattier, more flavourful cut.
I've eaten USDA corn fed steak back to back with Alberta grain fed steak. Ruths Chris pushes the USDA but to me there's no comparison. As much as people put down The Keg I've actually found them to be pretty consistently decent as far as steaks and cooking goes.

You want a really good steak I'll pick one up from my favorite butcher in Edmonton and cook it in the oven and the frying pan (with no butter or any other oils/additives)... True story!

There's a big difference between steak houses in steak country, and price does not equal the best steak! There's one place in Calgary that consistently delivers a great cut of meat (I usually go for the rib eye), with a solid crust, and they're still able to cook it medium-rare...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote