Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Oakley Airwave impressions
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 02:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Sassicaia
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Great post. Finally, real life feedback on them. I never even thought about the peripheral loss, but that would probably kill it for me too. I was in my friends new Mercedes and all the stats (speed, odometer etc) were projected up onto the windshield. It was sweet, and not gimmicky at all. Something like that would be a much better option because you can still easily see through it, and control the opacity. Only 2 hours of screen time is also lame, and wouldn't that render the backcountry friend finder feature useless, not that I would likely ever use it.

Could you confirm if a go pro cam could actually be used with it i.e. be able to view what the go pro is recoding via the screen?

I was initially really excited about getting these, but I think it was because of what I hoped they would be from watching the initial commercial, but what they are. In time they may be able to prefect it because I think the idea is great, but the implementation seems to be lacking about as bad as the frame color choices. At $600 it should be a custom option like the Splice or Airbrakes.

At least there is more then just two lens options lie the site shows.
Sassicaia is offline   Reply With Quote