Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Boots , fit , insoles ?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lamps
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdowns View Post
Hi all , I'm new here and an intermediate rider , quite comfortable on reds but still mainly on piste....i have an all burton setup at present , pretty inexpensive and having a few issues which i'd like to rectify before the season really kicks in.

I have burton invader boots and they are killing me,!the whole base of my foot is sore after 2 runs and lasts all day. The fit I think is ok they don't feel small but I think I am getting some heel lift for sure, I have narrow feet and ankles.

should I be thinking about a different boot , insoles , bindings ?

I will be in the U.S soon and prices are really good compared to European pricing so I'm willing to invest in new gear if I need to to but maybe I don't ?

any advice appreciated.

thanks

alan
Maybe you don't need new boots but it really sounds like you don't have a good fit. Other causes: are you supertightening your boots to compensate for the heel lift, which then causes pressure points. Also are your bindings too tight when you ride, sometimes its tempting to overcrank the straps, and you get a lot of leverage with those ratchets. Lastly do you have a ton of forward lean dialed into your bindings?

Go to a good shop that specializes in snowboard gear, try on many boots to try to find ones that are a really good fit, a good fitter can really help to solve problems, also some brands run a little wider/narrower so a different brand might help. Also consider J-bars, little foam wedgie things that go on the side of your insoles to help to keep narrow heels/ankles in place.

Lastly there are inserts to help with this too, others know more about this - superfeet and so on.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote