Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Freeride Boot?
Thread: Freeride Boot?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 01:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelrush View Post
I'm a beginner and I want to go to the local shop and look at boots good for freeride. I want to do some online research before I go to the shop and look at particular boots so I can be informed as possible on what the boot offers and price. I just don't know what makes a beginner freeride boot (stiffness etc?). I like being informed as much as possible so I don't get talked into a high priced park boot or something too advanced (whatever that may be). I just want the nicest boot for my level and riding style. Local shop offers mostly burton. Thanks.
Freeride boots tend to be on the stiffer side. You don't need to go on the super stiff boots, just avoid any boots that mentioned "tweakability" or "freestyle" ad you should be ok.

Wrathfuldeity is correct that you really should first find a boot that fits your foot really well. No pressure points, no weird empty gaps, no creases and above all else... when the boot is tightened to just snug (not cranked down). your heel should not lift up when you bend your knees. So to find the correct boot, you should try as many brands as you can.

The boot should feel very cozy in the store, you toes barely touching the front of the boot (never curled). For a freeride boot, the boot will be stiff enough to feel a little awkward to walk in (remember the boot is for snowboarding... not strutting around the village at the base of the mountain pretending to be a hardcore rider).

Last edited by lonerider; 12-12-2012 at 01:54 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote