Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

How to Strap in Fast

28K views 109 replies 53 participants last post by  CassMT 
#1 · (Edited)
How to Strap in Faster

This is a way of strapping in a few seconds faster:

Before getting on the chairlift, fold your highback down and under the ankle strap. Wen you unfold the highback, it will push the ankle straps behind it, moving those bitches out the way so you only have to move the toe strap to get your foot in. Fasten the toe strap first.

This helps for people who ride with skiers or boarders with speed-entry, which was my situation.

#3 ·
Nah. Those are the exact bindings both of my friends have...and they both broke! One was a couple of years ago and the other was only on his 2nd day of using them!

With the fast strap-in method, you get the reliability of traditional bindings with a speed not far-off of reclining highbacks!

It helps to learn this if you're not willing to get rid of you're old bindings and spend the extra money on new ones with speed-entry.

Thanks for putting that out anyway, I guess.:)

#9 ·
I'm just starting this season and I don't sit to strap. It's not hard at all to do unless you are on steep terrain.

My friend and co-worker has been riding for 3 years and he sits down every time. Looks like a tard. I keep telling him to just stand the fuck up, but he won't even try. :dunno:

#13 ·

What? I see most people sitting down strapping in.
Are you guys from out west? Whenever I ride in Michigan I see pretty much everyone sitting down to strap in. Whenever I get off a lift there I'm like "oh shit!" because there's usually a crap loading of boarders sitting around all over the place.

I ask if you guys ride out west because when I go there, I must say that I don't see anywhere near as many people sitting down- most were standing like you guys do.

Here in the mid west though, it seems to be a bit of a problem because usually people get in the way when they're all sat at the top of the runs. :(
It can be annoying as hell.

#18 ·
I ride the midwest as well and most people sit to strap in, and then they sit there wait for there friends, talk, etc. etc. Sometimes it gets to the place where you have to wait for a few people to clear out before you can get started. It can become a royal mess when it gets busy.:thumbsdown:
I personally do it both ways. If I don't want to get my butt wet I'll stand up,but other times I feel like sitting down, especially when its the end of the day and I'm wore out.
Good idea though, I'll give it a try.:thumbsup: Also, you could maybe get your toe cap just started a little to speed things up. This depends on your bindings/boots of course.

#21 ·
+1 for the no cold ass.

One time I was strapping in on some uneven terrain, and this pack of kids sitting there watched me making a little ledge in the snow so I could do it standing. Later in the day I noticed some of them trying it too. Trendsetter, I am.

#27 ·
No problem. But I didn't realize that now, apparently, most people new to snowboarding strap in standing up.

And so, this thread has turned into more of a joke than good advice.:(

That's pretty sad. Oh well. Next time I'll post on how to strap in while standing up on a chairlift. I'm absolutely certain that not many snowboarders know how to do that!

#30 ·
No, but it's just cool to be able to strap in almost just as fast with regular bindings as some one with speed-entry bindings.

It helps because if your friends are skiers or have speed-entry, they don't have to wait around for you. That was my situation, and it used to suck for me until I figured this method out. Now they don't have to wait. Any snowboarder in that kind of situation is really who this thread is aimed at. :)

#34 ·
When I first started I had to sit to strap in but it's a lot of work to get my big ass up off the ground a billion times a day so that sitting down BS lasted only that first season before I made myself learn to strap in on my feet.

As a Michigan rider, I've never looked around to see if most people strap in sitting down or standing. The people I ride with (wife, friends) all stand so..

#38 · (Edited)
Good point!! I learned that early,.. I'm guessing you're talkin' about PK! :laugh: They have one lift so low, it snagged my binding, turned my board on it's edge and almost yanked me out of the seat!! Thought it was gonna break my leg!! :laugh:

(...sometimes I still forget to lower my highback tho in my rush to gets back up the hill for more!!)

#47 ·
I find it kind of funny someone would write up paragraphs on how to strap in. :confused: I would take longer if I had to remember a bunch of steps to take before strapping in.

The most important step is to make sure there is no snow/ice in the bindings, fuck snow in the bindings. I will pound the snowboard into the snow to loosen the binding ice by doing a few one footed ollies. Then I will brush the snow out with my glove. I also do the ollies so all the other snowboarders know I can ollie one footed.

#48 ·
That's why I don't use Flow bindings (the ones without the ratchets). If you get pow in them it's a pain in the ass to scoop it out.

Your right about the thread. I have a tendency to make things too complicated, so I edited the original post. Now it just gets straight to the point and there are no steps or anything stupid. :)

#51 ·
Yeah, I heard you guys haven't really had anything yet in the North-West US. I hope this won't be a repeat of last winter, especially after a lot of people have been saying that this year is going to be the roughest winter in a long time.

Were they talking bullshit? Well it's December now, so if it doesn't dump soon, I will conclude that they were.

We'll just have to make a weather machine or something!:cool:

#59 ·
Nah....the dude is just enjoying his time at the football game and CLEARLY enjoyed himself too much at the tailgate that started at 6 am. He's just too drunk to know what he's doing in a public restroom.

Once he's had 10+ drinks before noon, he is no longer responsible for what he does.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.