Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - "That Board Will Ride You"????
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #28 (permalink)
TorpedoVegas

You guys had it easy....My first "snowboard" was a Black Snow snowboard...13 years old..size 145...had metal edges, but no base and was basically a toy... But I still tore the shit out of Lake Louise on it! I can't believe they actually let me on a chair lift with that thing... But it was probably 1987-88... I went from throwing myself down black diamond moguls on that piece of hell, straight into a Kemper 165 Freestyle a year or so later... Just a little bit of a change... All the while rocking my Sorels with ski boot liners! I'm pretty sure those board were riding me at the time, especially with a +20/+10 narrow stance and the most uncomfortable bindings ever... I used to duct tape pieces of carpet underlay foam onto the binding straps to reduce the insane amount of foot pain.

Before those days we tried making our own snowboards and we used to take the trucks off of our skateboard decks, feed shoelaces through the holes and tie our boot down, and Ride them backwards down the hill.... But that was just on the local sledding hills, etc.

Holy shit I'm old

Last edited by TorpedoVegas; 12-12-2012 at 06:14 PM.
TorpedoVegas is offline   Reply With Quote