Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stance Option
Thread: Stance Option
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longboardsrule View Post
Just bought a NS Raptor 169, first time with a Roc/Cam board. Coming off a 167 Canyon. Always had the stance as far in the back seat as you can go. Is there any need to go this far back on a R/C board? I was thinking 1.5" back of centre, any suggestions?

Also bought wife a 155 feel good V, I set it up 1.5" back of centre, any suggestion if I should move this forward or leave it. Shes intermediate and I think she will not tinker with her stance, so I would like to get it right the first time and leave it.
Stick with the reference stance - that is already like .5" set back on the Raptor... so having it all the way back would be like 2" in reality. The board designers already considered what the best setback woudl be for you. You should not have any float issues with that 169 cm so I don't see the need to add additional setback.

For you wife, again... use the reference stance. 1.5" setup back is extremely and would only be good for deep powder riding and will be detrimental to any regular snowboarding she will be doing (i.e. don't do it!)
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote