Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bob Costas and NBC just shat upon the 2cd Amendment on Sunday Night Football
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #78 (permalink)
sleev-les

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli783 View Post

LOLOL the emotion im displaying? As I laid in the hospital bed, I spoke to my dad about what would have happened had I been armed. I definitely would have been ready and able to defend myself, but there were so many things that couldve gone wrong in that scenario. You cant just have a shootout at the OK corral here in NYC, so a bunch of people walking around packing wouldnt work. Even if I were armed, and got the upper hand somehow, would it really be worth taking 3 lives? Do you understand how having just one more firearm in the scene, greatly escalates everything? Imagine the madness if every player had one...
If people were armed, meaning the legitimate, law abiding citizen and criminals knew that, 9 out of 10 times they would think twice about pulling a gun on someone or committing a crime against another. You will always have the idiots out there that just won't care, but if you could lower those odds, you would be for it. You look at the negative of everything it seems. I'm done with proving my point to you, so cheer up bro. Be happy and stop trying to put everyone on a leash like the other minority of America. Stop acting as if the minimal percentage of the population that has shot someone in cold blood is how the majority will act. Punishing all for a few bad apples is never right. NOMSAYIN?

Last edited by sleev-les; 12-13-2012 at 05:40 AM.