Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

PSA: Kessler Ride - 158/163/168 - $995 CDN

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  blunted_nose 
#1 ·
The guys from iget.it have worked out a deal for Kesslers "Ride" freeride snowboard. It retails for $1350 in Canada plus shipping. This deal will go live Friday for $995 including shipping to Canada and US as far as I know.

They felt bad that we couldn't work out a deal earlier in the year, so they're offering us first dibs on the boards/sizes available. If anyone is looking for a Kessler Ride PM me and I'll send you the contact info for the iget.it guys handling this deal.

I'm not upset that I already bought a board for $100 more than this, because I think the Virus is in it's own world, but I may still buy one of these in a 158 or 163 to keep as a spare... They're hard to come by!

Kessler-Canada <--- for board details
Kessler Ski & Snowboards <--- for board details

#4 ·
Funny guy! :D

I have it in 168 and absolutely LOVE IT!
Can't wait to read your rev. on the Virus! :D
Cheers bud...
Picked up the Virus today, mounted my C60s and headed for nakiska to try some groomer laps. I want to wait after a few days of break in, and hopefully have somebody else ride it so I can give it an unbiased review.

My two words for it at this point are... HOLY and FUCK :blink:

It felt totally foreign at first, but within 4 laps I was carving harder on my toe side than I've ever carved before (and I consider myself an advanced softboot carver)... It was unbelievable. I still need to get out more, as the slider turns felt very foreign, and getting it down into a carve felt very locked in, I felt like I was going to fall on my face or my ass a few times. But when I just went with it and pointed my toes and carved, I was suddenly confronted with the snow surface a foot away from my face passing by at a blinding pace. I now see how the euro carvers do it. I got on my toes, and there was the snow. Bang. Carve. HOLY FUCK... Nothing like anything I've ever been on before!

More review material to come later when I've had the chance to actually get used to it and use it on more than just hardpack/ice. Although it does the former quite well...

#5 ·
Funny guy! :D

Picked up the Virus today, mounted my C60s and headed for nakiska to try some groomer laps. I want to wait after a few days of break in, and hopefully have somebody else ride it so I can give it an unbiased review.

My two words for it at this point are... HOLY and FUCK :blink:

It felt totally foreign at first, but within 4 laps I was carving harder on my toe side than I've ever carved before (and I consider myself an advanced softboot carver)... It was unbelievable. I still need to get out more, as the slider turns felt very foreign, and getting it down into a carve felt very locked in, I felt like I was going to fall on my face or my ass a few times. But when I just went with it and pointed my toes and carved, I was suddenly confronted with the snow surface a foot away from my face passing by at a blinding pace. I now see how the euro carvers do it. I got on my toes, and there was the snow. Bang. Carve. HOLY FUCK... Nothing like anything I've ever been on before!

More review material to come later when I've had the chance to actually get used to it and use it on more than just hardpack/ice. Although it does the former quite well...

Lemme try it :p

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.