Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Powder Board Suggestions!
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 12:41 AM   #22 (permalink)
Wangta

Hey guys,

I'm looking to replace my Slackcountry which died a bad death due to a rock a couple weeks ago.

I was looking at the Sick Stick, K2 Gyrator, and another Slack. I'm leaning toward not considering the Sick Stick as I've read some durability issues due to the bamboo construction not lasting very long (though the ride is supposedly incredible). Any comments on this would be helpful.

So looking at the K2 gyrator vs the Slack - they seem to be the same shape. I saw references to both having reverse camber, but the shape seems simple: Flat between the bindings and rocker at tips. Am I misunderstanding this? If this is correct, I'm guessing these ride very similar? While Slackcountry has the higher price, it seems the Gyrator has a pretty legendary following for pow heads.

One thing I noticed while riding my old Slack around - I believe the extreme rocker on both ends of the board makes it a bit squirly on groomers - my ass end had a tendency to slide out if I didn't concentrate on holding a line. I am guessing this is true of many pow boards.

And did K2 stop making the Gyrator? I don't see it listed on the website anymore.

Last edited by Wangta; 12-13-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Wangta is offline   Reply With Quote