Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Considering a Bataleon Goliath - TBT has me nervous
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 04:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
King_Pin_Rich

Default Considering a Bataleon Goliath - TBT has me nervous

Hi All,
So, Iíve been lurking around these forums a while just soaking up some of the awesome know how. You guys have already helped me loads, so thanks for that.

Now I have a question if I may,
I would consider myself an intermediate boarder, and am starting to play with more advanced things like Carving and Dynamic riding, I occasionally venture into the park trying to get the hang of straight airs off the smaller kickers.

Up until now Iíve been riding a second hand 159 Burton Dominant,(circa 05/06). I typically fall into the mess about, do a bit of everything camp, and as such am after a shiny new All Mountain board. I like the look of the Bataleon Goliath but the TBT tech is an unknown to me (only ever ridden my board which is traditional camber as far as I know). It seems logical to me that TBT would render the board washy on the flats and would need cranking over at larger angles to achieve comparative edge hold Ė but it canít be so bad as I see the board often gets praise on here, right?

Any other suggestions for a one weapon board? Yes Ė Basic? K2 - Happy Hour? The Bataleon is the limit of my budget really.

Stats: 5í10 , 150lbs (70kg) , US Size 11 Boot

Thanks again all, keep up the good work.

(P:S anyone know the center insert width of a Goliath 158?)
King_Pin_Rich is offline   Reply With Quote