Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Absolute newb, rent? Or buy board?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #23 (permalink)
Howlingsonnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony477g View Post
Ive only gone snowboarding once and wasn't very good. This year though i plan on taking a lesson to get the basics down quicker. I could get down the hill i just couldnt turn I was also on a black diamond, Imagine that. Anyway I have three options with the board. Rent which would be $35 everytime i go. Buy a cheaper board considering im new, but i'd have to have it for a while and in the long run it'll probably just sit there. Or just go out and buy a board $350 and up and have that one for a very long time. I already have boots I just need the board and bindings.
You can def buy a beginner board thats on sale from last season or season before....

The house snowboards
Evo
Proboardshop

When i began i bought a board from previous season off of a local seller on ebay: snowdealsnow.com and spent $200

Most snowboard places listed give u discount lift coupons from liftopia....

If u plan on going a bunch of times add up ur rental fees and see how much it would be and if it equals a board n bindings then go buy them instead!!! Boots are the most important tho!

But def lessons....

I never took lessons but i was good w polymetrics and balance and aerobics bc of playin soccer for the last 20yrs and inline aggressive skating for 5.....

I wish i took a lesson or two to brush up basics instead of trial by error but thats what youtube is for now (yes i watch videos on HOW TO to get techniques down and practice in my house w jumping and balance!!!)
Howlingsonnets is offline   Reply With Quote