Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboard delivered with small chip - worth getting fixed?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
silverwhale

Default Snowboard delivered with small chip - worth getting fixed?

Hey guys - looking for some advice about my new snowboard that was just delivered. It's a Rome Gold, I ordered it from backcountry a few weeks ago (no snowboard shops near me had it, and I couldn't find a Canadian website that had my size for a reasonable price). It was delivered today, which is quite exciting, except I just noticed that there seems to be a small section of the topcoat that is "missing"/dented or has been scratched off (see attached pictures, right along the edge of the board). I don't think it would affect the board's performance, but I'm worried it will cause the rest of the topcoat to continue chipping away or cause some other problem.

I'm not sure if it's worth getting fixed - I don't really want to take it into my local board shop to see if they can do anything and end up paying a bunch more money on a board that's brand new. Would Rome or backcountry (not sure if this is a manufacturing problem or a transport problem) reimburse me for any repairs? I'm not sure if it's worth sending it back to backcountry (I wanted it for Christmas break), because I think I have to pay to ship it back (and I might have to pay customs/taxes when the new one got shipped back??)

So my question is basically whether this is not a big deal, whether it's an easy fix for a board shop, or whether it's worth trying to send back to get a new board. Thanks for your thoughts/opinions, and I apologize if this is a stupid question!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snowboard1.jpg (61.0 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg snowboard2.jpg (71.2 KB, 105 views)
silverwhale is offline   Reply With Quote