Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboard delivered with small chip - worth getting fixed?
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
silverwhale

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWNOW View Post
It is kind of difficult to tell from that angle. However, if you can see that it is a section of the top sheet that has chipped away, and can clearly see the bottom of the top sheet from it, then you need to send it back. If snow/water gets underneath the top sheet it will start to delam. Though if it is just a scratch then it is no big deal at all.
I know, it's really hard to get a picture of - I'm not really sure what the bottom of the top coat would look like? When I first noticed it, I thought it was just a layer of clear goop stuff that got left on the board (like when you peel off a sticker and there's some sticky stuff left over) - it's not deep, and you can still see the different colours of the board (it's not down to the core or anything), but you can feel a very small ridge around the scrape. Guess I will take it into the board shop in my city and see what they say. Thanks for the reply!