Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - iPhone Snowboarding App
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #32 (permalink)
miles1717

I downloaded the app using one of the codes you provided. I've been enjoying it and have learned some tricks through the app. Thanks for that.

In general, I think you could work on unifying the look and function of the app.

For example:

-Sometimes the "BACK" button is on the top, sometimes it's on the bottom.

-The "Music & Extras" section uses a fluid scrolling interface, while the other sections use a more clunky interface based on multiple pages that you have to click through. I would adopt the scrolling interface for all sections of the app.

-When you tap the "Surface Tricks" and "Air Tricks" menu, there's a slightly annoying vibration that happens. This doesn't happen when you click on the "Rail Tricks" or "Grab Guide."

-Some of the videos' aspect ratio is off. For example, in the Nollie 360 video, you can't read the bottom part of the instructional text.

Having an easy to use navigational standard goes a long way in making it feel like a quality, professional app. Aside from those kinds of things, I think you could invest in making higher quality videos with moving images and narration.

Hope all that helps.
miles1717 is offline   Reply With Quote