Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Anyone else look like a Space cadet with a helmet on??
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #24 (permalink)
alaric
Banned Bananas [national phenomenon]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeBack_Kid View Post
Sucks you got hurt man, but your logic is flawed.

Head injuries can happen at any time snowboarding or not, but the reason none of us wear a helmet 100% of the time throughout life is because we understand and mitigate the risks. Hell, I could get struck by a car while running on the side of the road, but overall, the odds are pretty damn low, which is why I don't wear a helmet for that particular activity (lol).

I don't like the "feel" of a helmet on my head at all, so on days when I feel confident in my ability not to hit my head snowboarding, such as lapping around the resort with a couple of friends or a girl, I'm not going to wear one. On the other hand, I do wear a helmet when riding exclusively park or backcountry, because the risks are higher. Savvy?
I don't quite understand how my logic is flawed, no offense.

I'm not saying wear it while you're making dinner for the family. I'm saying why not wear it snowboarding, since you have a snowboarding helmet.

Here's the deal, I hit a small kicker which I'd done a million times and was extremely comfortable with it. I LIVED in the park. It wasn't a challenge or anything like that, it was an easy day for me and I didn't wear a helmet because it "doesn't look cool." I wasn't testing my ability by any means. BUT an unfortunate set of circumstances led to a horrible crash and I got fucked for it. I guess that makes me see things more cautiously now.

Anywho, that's your decision to not wear it at times and I can certainly respect that Helmet's aren't for everyone

alaric is offline   Reply With Quote