Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Does my snowboard needs a fix already?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWNOW View Post
From the looks of it, I don't see it as that bad of damage. Not enough to clamp w epoxy. Ptex does absolutely go into clear cracks and isn't at all difficult to work with. Dries faster, too. Only thing you would have to worry about is it cracking and falling out. It does seal when it bonds with the base, which you are correct, would not be the case with this situation.

He could also use super glue or duct tape on such a minor little ding if he could figure out how to get it to stay on.
You're an idiot.

To the OP, take that board into a reputable shop and get that damage fixed. Don't listen to the idiots who are telling you to ignore that damage. A ding like that compromises the integrity of the bond between the steel, sidewall and topsheet. It's a fairly easy and cheap fix.

I've known plenty of people who have ignored such damage and never had any adverse side effects. But I know way more people who ignored such damage and ended up with a board that delaminated into utter crap. The bottom line is that if you ignore that ding no-one is going to have any sympathy for you when your board gets cancer.
duh is offline   Reply With Quote