Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help here ...
Thread: Help here ...
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 12:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
gjsnowboarder
Veteran Member

Just to give you a range I come in at size 13's and ride boards that range from 159 to 164 all wide boards. I am 6'0" and 220 lbs. The 161 is not too long for you. As long as its a wide board you should be fine. The burton bindings and boots also work well together since they decrease boot length and the bindings have gas pedals. The Rulers are not the stiffest boot out there and should be fine. Cartels are some of the best all around bindings and I definitely suggest them. Honestly though, I suggest taking a lesson based of what I've read in this thread. Lesson's aren't just for beginners. Too many riders think I can ride down the mountain and that is all there is too learn. Instructors don't just teach how to turn. It is just turning allows us to see movement patterns and alignments that allow us to breakdown what a rider needs. We can take the new skills learned into different aspects of riding like ollies, tree presses, pop-180's , etc. I suggest watching some videos if the instruction where you live might not be that great and take that knowledge and apply it in your riding.
gjsnowboarder is offline   Reply With Quote