Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

The Colorado Conditions, Meet ups and General Talk Thread

644K views 8K replies 303 participants last post by  bseracka 
#1 ·
I know it's early, but damn, we need some snow.

Colorado | OpenSnow

That shit looks like a repeat of last season.

#243 ·
Rode Vail today - it was pretty damn good. They reported 4" but my buddy was there yesterday and said it had been snowing the whole time he was there, and it was snowing the whole time we were there today.

Found some nice stashes in the trees (open trees, no poaching) and it was great. I have some GoPro footage, but I was only holding it with my hand. Need to make a pole mount.

#244 ·
I hit up first gondola in lionshead, made the first run down to chair 2. Made a run to 3... Lapped 3/4 a couple times.... 11 was crowded so I went back to 2 then lapped 8 and eagle bahn until 1..... Nice day, second best day so far. Tomorrow should be great since it's been coming down still.

#247 ·
Some one asked me about Beaver Creek and why I like it.

The trees, yup they are great. It's not like at Breckenridge or Keystone. At the summit resorts the trees get tracked out faster and you really need to know your stashes. The first time I went to Beaver Creek I was finding fresh lines all over the place. I was hooked and kept passing Vail for the Beaver. I know the mountain decently now. Vail is not a mountain I know well. It was good the last time I went because I went with some one who knows Vail. Vail is one of those mountains with a lot of cat walks, Beaver Creek is low on Cat walks. I hate Cat walks.

#248 ·
If you ever want a good tour Gide of vail let me know, if you can keep up with my 13 year old all day he can get you through every lift on the mountai, back bowls included, in a day with maybe 5 catwalks.... I don't have the stamina for it yet or the skill for the runs he takes at speed through the trees with his friends, they are all in their 20's or 60's. I ride with them often but I can not bomb through the tree runs like they do.... I'm not much for hucking cliffs either, they don't mind. If you do, wait until the back opens up....

#250 ·
Thats kinda what I figured about the Beav since its the farthest Vail resort. No crowds and lots of trees :thumbsup:

Argo you think Vail will be mostly open by Jan 7th..ish?

I think my 1st day riding will be around the 4th since Ill have company in town for the 1st week and I think I may just hit each resort on my epic in order of distance....unless of course somewhere gets dumped more than others.

I may sneak in a half day on the 30th or 31st...any suggestions on which day would be an easier drive? A-basin probably the chillest at that time of year?
If the crowds are ridiculous I may just wait till after the holiday....

#254 ·
It's definitely improving. It's still pretty weak in the front range spots, but probably better than last year at this time. Cameron Pass is the nearest spot to the Front Range that is going off. 3-4 ft base there. Played all day in the trees yesterday with tons of fresh. Snowing hard too.

#255 ·
It was windy earlier. It just died down. I'm heading back up as soon as I finish cooking this rack of ribs in an hour and I'm gonna ride another 2 hours before work.... Snow is still falling hard. It has snowed 4" since they shoveled my walkway at 730.

#259 ·
Just now walk-in to work and got 4 more runs after munching some ribs at lunch. Still snowing and i ran thew some fresh terrain with knee deep turns. I did tag a rock on one turn. No core shot but ptex will be needed lol.

Should i start a warranty thread fir that and the other two boards we jacked up in the last three days tail tapping shit?

#260 ·
I did tag a rock on one turn. No core shot but ptex will be needed lol.

Should i start a warranty thread fir that and the other two boards we jacked up in the last three days tail tapping shit?
Duh it's obviously the manufacturers fault you hit that rock, they put it there just for you to hit.

#261 ·
today was fucking shredtastic at the Love. Better than any day last season by far... with like 6 runs open lawl.. Wednesday is gonna be off the wall if i70 doesn't close.

Anybody have any suggestions to deal with i70 on Wed? Don't have to use the tunnel but....the front should be already coming in the night before so I'm not sure leaving at 3am is gonna do me any good.....

#264 ·
I had a knee deep day at Vail last season and another at Beaver Creek.

It's getting better for sure. This week is not good for riding because I am working a lot in the day time. I am working almost 50 hours. I have not been able to take advantage of the new snow yet. Still glad to see it :yahoo: I walked my dog after work in the woods and it looked so wintery.

SUMMIT COUNTY IS IN A WINTER STORM ADVISORY :yahoo:

http://www.weather.com/weather/alerts/localalerts/80435?phenomena=WW&significance=Y&areaid=COZ034&office=KBOU&etn=0021

I know warnings are way better, but this is good too. Wolf Creek is always getting more snow. I think they average around 400 inches and Keystone is around 300.

#266 · (Edited)
I had a knee deep day at Vail last season and another at Beaver Creek.

SUMMIT COUNTY IS IN A WINTER STORM ADVISORY :yahoo:

http://www.weather.com/weather/alerts/localalerts/80435?phenomena=WW&significance=Y&areaid=COZ034&office=KBOU&etn=0021

I know warnings are way better, but this is good too. Wolf Creek is always getting more snow. I think they average around 400 inches and Keystone is around 300.
FYI Vail and Beave are not in Summit:icon_scratch:. I heard they had one or two righteous days.

should have went to wolf creek last year!...had 8 days down there and everytime was 18'' or better

Ill be at Love weds hope they open more trails by then
I shoulda been at Wolf Creek this week!!

I'm concerned with even being able to get there. Seriously considering driving up tomorow night and sleeping in the car or something. Trying to strategize....

I don't mind going 30mph ...loveland is only 25min on dry roads from our meetup at the top of Floyd hill. But when the road is closed....0mph....FUCK!:hope:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.