Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How to Strap in Fast
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #93 (permalink)
goalieman24

Quote:
Originally Posted by budderbear View Post
I don't care what you say, but you can't enjoy the scenery as much trying to strap in standing as you could sitting down, unless your straining your muscles trying keep your balance in which case you might as well just sit down and rest for a second. You obviously enjoy seeing the mountains for a few seconds at most then being on your way. Try going to the top of a double black though and enjoying the mountains for a few minutes (we'll say 3-5) while standing, and not being in anyones way. Sure on an uncrowded weekday you probably could, but you would be straining your legs trying to maintain balance on a 20+ degree slope. Why not just sit down in a situation such as this? I'm not talking about the schoolmarm at keystone. I'm talking double blacks, and stuff like east wall at arapahoe basin.
Ooooohhh, double blacks??!? You must be crazy good. Is this Jeremy Jones?!?
Pretty irrelevant point you're trying to make. Last time I checked, most lifts don't drop you off mid-slope... so there's quite a bit of space to get strapped in without "straining your legs."
goalieman24 is offline   Reply With Quote