Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
post #2433 of (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 09:37 AM
sabatoa
-Weekend Warrior-

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
The weather is working against us on that one my man.

Speaking of softgoods...

Here's my personal review for you Michigan guys.

So I got a couple pants, a couple jackets. They're all Oakley, I got good deals on them. I made it a point to match jacket and pant brands so that I could take advantage of the storm skirt because I inevitable slide down the hill on my ass and I hate getting snow up my jacket (and then down my pants).

Welp, snap in powder skirts don't work so well for that purpose. I was working on trying to spray last night and washed out a few times, one of which a ton of snow went right up the ol' jacket despite being snapped up.

So while I love my jackets and pants, I think a zip up storm skirt is a better choice *if* you're trying to keep snow out of your jacket from sliding down the hill. Maybe it works just fine for powder (as it's made for..) but for what I need it for it doesn't quite do the job.

'12 NS Legacy 163

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Days on snow 2015/2016 season:
  • Boyne Highlands: 16
  • Boyne Mountain: 2
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Nubs Nob: 1
  • Lake Louise: 3