Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - It's Finally Snowing
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
bmaniga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Bam View Post
Sunrise is already starting to look much much better....looks like all the bare spots at the base are fully covered and things are looking fluffy

If they don't open by monday or tuesday at the latest Im gonna

Oh....and they updated the forecast to almost 2 feet tonight alone!
Sunrise has posted an opening date of Wednesday 12/19!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Bam View Post
Ya its about damn time, and I think you mean Indian protesters. 10 years of bullshit over "dirty water" even though this same water has been used to irrigate a lot of their other land for YEARS.

Apparently they STILL havent finished the snowmaking construction or else they could have opened after that 1st storm we had.

The high speed lifts will be a HUGE upgrade and hopefully they can get one to the top of the bowl so we dont have to hike to it.

Big thing about the snowmaking is they will finally be able to have a good jump line all season...their park crew is better than sunrise but they haven't had the conditions to keep it steady most years. Supposedly they are getting a half pipe at some point too but I dk where they think they will put it....

Pretty cool too that ALL their rentals this year will be Never Summers.

Although even with all the upgrades I think Sunrise will still be the place to be.
And for snowbowl, wft is up with the construction delay. I'm one of the few that got caught in the "we'll be making snow and opening early hype" / regretting my season pass purchase.
bmaniga is offline   Reply With Quote