Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

A shooting in a Connecticut elementary school WTF

7K views 69 replies 31 participants last post by  hot-ice 
#1 ·
#46 ·
Zero mass shootings? Yeah no impact. Sorry but that is a bullshit article. That article claims gun violence didn't drop there, but has no statistics about what gun violence they had. Just other crimes not related to gun violence. I'm sure the gun ban had everything to do with that rise. Well probably, because criminals now couldn't go out and shoot people, they had to find other outlets...

#49 ·
Did you read your article? Let me quote it for you,

"So there’s no consensus about whether the changes decreased gun violence or had little to no effect. "

The article I posted included sources, and includes general violent crimes including rape, not just homicide.

An armed society is a polite society.

#48 ·
I just heard about this at my school today and that was the first thing through my head. Who would do this?! And right after our principal talked about it (we were in an asembly) these kids, like I see them do it alot, were like bulkying/teasing this kid that obiously is not mentaly stable, I felt bad for him but when you talk to him he just gets REALLY mad right away! Just shows how mean people are these days. R.I.P. to all of those poor kids and prayers for the families.

#50 ·
It also says
Have murders increased since the gun law change, as claimed? Actually, Australian crime statistics show a marked decrease in homicides since the gun law change. According to the Australian Institute of Criminology, a government agency, the number of homicides in Australia did increase slightly in 1997 and peaked in 1999, but has since declined to the lowest number on record in 2007, the most recent year for which official figures are available.

#56 ·
Buy your guns now. They will soon be illegal.

...And I strongly urge anyone who thinks an Australia-type gun ban will bring down gun violence in this country to spend 10 minutes walking around the streets of the South side of Chicago. See how well gun restrictions have worked there. :dunno: You'd have less of a chance of getting killed in Afghanistan.

You can make anything against the law but, that can't change crazy people.

That being said, anyone else think that this catastrophe could have been minimized if a few of the staff at that school had a cc handgun?

#57 ·
After today, for the first time in my life, I said to my wife it may be time for gun control...especially if this whack job's guns were licensed and owned by him legally...
Really a horrible situation that no parent should ever have to deal with. I hate to say it, but this has me questioning the complete lack of security at my kids school. Pretty much anyone could walk right in. Not sure what the solution is, but I would guess that every school where there has been a shooting probably never thought it would happen to them and after it happens it's too late.

Krug

#59 ·
And this folks is the exact knee jerk reaction I'm talking about. Gun control will do NOTHING to eliminate criminals from obtaining guns. I haven't been to Chicago in nearly a year and I guarantee I could have a gun with no serial # within a couple hours of getting off the plane. Pull up chicago gun violence statistics. Where they have the strictest gun control in the country. Here let me do it for you....

Tracking homicides in Chicago - Tracking homicides in Chicago | RedeyeChicago.com

#58 ·
I just wanted to share this with you guys take it for what it is but wise words from a friend of mine on this.

This is MY opinion and I am entitled to it. I have to share this in order for me to function today as I am truly disgusted and very heart broken for the families involved. If you do not agree, you to have the right to share but do so on your own page. I will not be arguing this topic.

We as humans must stop this madness. Gun control is NOT the answer. More security at schools is NOT the answer. S
uing movie theaters for lack of security is NOT the answer. We need to reverse this politically correct mentality we have and start punishing the youth for behaving badly.

I see too many parents letting their children run their lives. Not spanking them because it's "abuse", not correcting them because they're children and they need to grow in their own way. BULLSHIT! Spank the shit out of that kid when they are wrong, yell at them in public to correct them. We must take back control of todays youth.

There has always been violence and evil but this is the no punishment generation that is committing these horrendous crimes. Too many early 20's having mental issues and my personal belief is that it's a direct result of lack of punishment and not being held accountable for things they do wrong. They have no idea what life is going to deal them and they snap as soon as the safeties of mommy and daddy are removed. In this case so much he decided to kill them even.

If you are a parent please take control of your children. Love them by correcting them, spanking them and teaching them that this is unacceptable. It starts with us as parents and I am as much a part of this as any parent. If you see an un easy change in your teen or twenty something PLEASE advise someone and or take actions to help them.

This is NOT a religious situation. This is a parenting issue.

Sad day here in the world. Send your thoughts to these families today. Take actions to change it tomorrow.

#65 ·
Notice how most of these people are below the age of 30? With a slim chance at opportunities a lot more people are gonna snap. There is a ton of pressure and little chance of success. Most of these people are people who fail and want a way out. Why Canada doesn't have the problem? A lot less of the bullshit that is going on here. When you live somewhere where failure is unacceptable you'll get people who fail and can't deal with it and do this shit. As for Norway? I can't say, not to up to date on Norway. They do have pretty similar characteristics as the U.S though.

#68 ·
My earnest wish (other than the obvious one that this wouldn't happen again) is that they take down one of these pieces of shit before he can kill himself. It would be useful to study the fucker, and maybe learn something about what sets people off like this. No anesthetic, of course. Vivisection completely ok.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.