Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - A shooting in a Connecticut elementary school WTF
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #43 (permalink)
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjsnowboarder View Post
My heart goes out to those families affected by this senseless shooting. It shows a need in this country to discover what is leading to people making these decisions that are contrary to normal everyday life. I hate to think that people are going to say that gun control is needed. I want to remind everyone there having been tragedies in the US with multiple deaths that didn't involve a gun. Fire, spiked Flavor-Aid, vehicles, and explosives have all been used to end life. I believe society faces a value crises. I'm not saying teaching students religious values, but common-sense life lessons. How to deal with loss, make decisions that don't limit survival, seek help, etc. I believe the disconnect that society has due to a decrease in human to human interaction makes it easier to jump that line from fantasy to enacting out in reality. So take the time to reflect how you interact with others both through technology and not. Might be a kind word here or there might make a difference. Not tearing people down or belittling a person could make the difference.
Nice post and i agree completely.
que is offline   Reply With Quote