Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - avy packs
Thread: avy packs
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #54 (permalink)
Triple8Sol
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
I can see the desire for a smaller pack for side country and even close in back country. Riding with a pack sucks plain and simple, so the smaller the pack the more fun it is riding.
Precisely. Hence the invention of products like TNF Powder Guide vest, which is now available with ABS too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
for any noobs reading - many of the smallest sized shovels being sold today by some companies as snow safety gear are not acceptable for use in the bc.
I hear what you're saying here, but here's my thoughts: The dimensions of the shovel is less important as how quickly you're moving snow. This would hold even more true for someone of smaller stature or a woman, but really for anyone. if you can dig longer/harder with a smaller blade vs. tiring out and dragging ass with a larger blade, wouldn't that actually the smarter choice? I wouldn't argue against a burlier model with telescoping handle vs. a thing-walled "lightweight" model that will bend/break more easily.

Official Gear List: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/blo...gear-list.html

Last edited by Triple8Sol; 12-14-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote