Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Damaged top sheet on board still in factory wrapper?
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
JENKS

Default Damaged top sheet on board still in factory wrapper?

Hi guys,

I have been stoked all week knowing my brand new 11/12 ride highlife ul would be showing up today. It was just delivered by ups and before I signed for it I made sure the box had no damage which it didn't. The box was flawless so I opened it up thinking the board would be pristine and it is except for one spot on the right edge where the top sheet covers the slime walls. The spot is to the right of the bottom set of binding mounts. The top sheet is missing in this spot and fibers can be seen as well as a clear view of the urethane side wall. The edge of the top sheet further down is rough and not laying down smoothly either. The board still has the wrapper and label on it and does not appear to ever have been opened. It looks like a defect not like it was damaged. I bought it from surftheearthsnowboards.com I am so bummed now. Was looking forward to riding next week for the first time this season. Because this appears to be a defect and not damage should I contact ride or the company I bought the board from?
JENKS is offline   Reply With Quote