Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #166 (permalink)
slyder
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
Slight embellishment perhaps, but a 10 day wait is semantics. Correct me if im wrong, but if you have a license to carry a hand gun and you have gone through the process to get that licensee can you not simply go buy one immediately?

10 minutes, or 10 days makes not difference thou. Someone wanting to plan a mass killing, or simply have a semi automatic hand gun "just in case" will wait 10 days.

Where I live if you are caught with a hand gun its jail time. Unless you are going to or coming from a firing range, and IMO i think its fcked in Canada too that we allow people to buy handguns.
It is not semantics it is a false statement.
Yes someone willing to do this can or may wait the 10 days and then do it. Again this is not the issue of gun access but the person willing to commit such a violent, senseless crime.
I have never stated I condone this type of crime and I am truly saddened for everyone involved. Why someone one would kill randomly let alone small defenseless children I can not begin to understand I just don't feel it is a gun issue or the fault of the gun

Is it a safe statement that you just don't like guns, which I am fine with and it is an honorable stance for you. It just doesn't work for me.

This is about a human beings actions not the method of his actions. Had guns not been available who knows the action he would have taken. It could have taken more lives but I honestly believe with the gun he did more damage. I'm won't pretend otherwise.