Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Death of Winter?
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 10:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
dreampow
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treegreen View Post
There will always be outliers and anomalies. The important thing to remember is they are not an indication of a lack of climate change, and while the intermountain west is getting more rain in winter months some places will actually manage to benefit from warming. If multiple years string together with more rain than snow it becomes a bigger concern for places like Utah and Colorado. Not only because it ruins some of the local economy, but also because water is a precious resource (especially with growing populations).
Whilst I sympathize with your bad season and a half here in Japan we have had an early start to the season and tonnes of snow already.

My regular mountain wouldn't usually be open yet but I was in waist deep pow a few days ago.

I hear Russia is getting lots of snow and the alps too, clearly Canada is doing well also.

Certain parts of AMERICA are having a bad season, therefore winter is over forever.

Definitely a bummer, but calling anywhere other than America "anomalies" is a little self centered.
dreampow is offline   Reply With Quote