Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Building a new gaming PC! Need some advice!
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 11:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capita2JZGTE View Post
Lol not entirely sure what you mean by that in regards to the amd, vs intel. But assuming you put a turbo, a mild cam, and a tune on that 1uz and the 2jz was stock then you would have quite the upset.
LOL I was agreeing with you that unless you need a 10k+ point CPU, AMDs are a better value. I even posted a link with a list full of AMD CPUs having great value! When I built mine Intel was ahead, they tend to go back and forth.

Yeah owned a 1UZ at one point unfortunately it was bone stock (expect for removing the restrictive 4 cat system and replacing it with an X-pipe).

I've been debating for a LONG time what to put in my '77 Celica. A 7M-GTE would be a nearly bolt in swap, or as close as it would get when putting a 10 year newer engine in my car. A 2JZ-GTE can bolt to a W58 so it'd also be a relatively easy swap, but they're too heavy for that car (so is the 7M-GTE)... The 1UZ is what I really want to do, but to do a good job requires a custom bellhousing (not crazy about the plate idea) to mate it to either the W58 or R154. And then I'd still probably get the bug to go for more power. And trying to cram a single or twin turbo setup into an already tight gap between frame rails would be more than I'm willing to get into for a project car.

SO... I think the engine for me is a 1G-GTE. It's a 2.0L I6 turbo, didn't come with that much power but it's a better size for the small car, relatively light, bolts to the W58, and it's already a turbo so no need to find or fab a turbo manifold if I felt like upgrading. Could just drop it in and do BPU upgrades as necessary. Now to find me one!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote