Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 12:05 AM   #229 (permalink)
Capita2JZGTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlingsonnets View Post
i may have been one of very few appalled yet dumbfounded that a group of guys can walk in and buy thousands of dollars worth of guns, ammo, and such....point made
Probably because this is America "Land of the free". Oh and please show me where in the second that it mentions anything about single shot muskets... The second amendment was written so that civilians could protect themselves from the government. It put no limits on the "types" of weapons. No I don't think people should be able to run around with fully automatic weapons. But what's the point of disarming a society so that the only ones with weapons are the criminals? This shooting proves that banning guns doesn't work. None of the faculty were allowed to carry guns, and so the killer had free reign on whoever he wanted until the police arrived. Please tell me what waiting for the police did. In case that is a hard question to answer, it left more than 2 dozen innocent people defenseless, and guess what? The killer KNEW this.

Do you remember when that wacko shot up that military base Fort Hood in Texas?
Do you know why he was able to kill so many people?
Because the soldiers on that base weren't allowed to carry their issued rifles. Only the MP's. Do you think he would have killed 13 people and wounded 29 others if those other soldiers were allowed to carry weapons?