Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #230 (permalink)
linvillegorge
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV82 View Post
If you honestly believe the solution to what happened today is more gun, you are pants-on-head retarded. If you believe taking them away entirely is the solution you are too. The real problem lies in the fact that people can be noticed as "odd", "strange", or worse , and nobody can do anything about it. You don't fix something by going after the results, you fix it by going after the causes.

Just yesterday a man in China slashed 22 children and an adult outside a elementary school with a knife. shit that like happens all over the world, quite often.
This. My wife and I were talking about that this evening. Everyone wants to talk about the "warning signs" etc. after something like this happens, but the bottom line is that mental illness isn't taken seriously in this country. It's something to be ashamed of, to be whispered about, and to be hidden away. Our mental health system is fucking awful. The way we approach it is fucking broken and just throwing drugs down people's throats isn't a legit answer. I maintain that we have a societal problem much more than we have a gun problem.