Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Group Buy: Sept 2012 - Advanced Freeride Board
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 04:46 AM   #94 (permalink)
timmytard
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
I think the Palmer Platinum was a $1900 board built by Kessler for Palmer (the Kessler Ride is the spiritual successor to that board). TT how much did you just pay for those 10 boards total?

(yes I understand that you will probably sell a bunch of them for a profit, that's what I used to do... until I realized I made a lot more per hour spent on my regular job. I even went through a phase where I owned 7 snowboards... but I grew out of and have paired it down to 2 boards now).
I have no idea how much i payed for all of them, I got the blue one for free & the hummingbird one for $30 @ Value Village.

Ya, I make good money too. Worked 6 months on this bridge then went to Mexico for 6 weeks. I'm just not working right now cause my mom passed away last year & I need to do some reno's on her house so I can sell it.

I've just been snowboarding for so long, I'm sick of spending huge dollars on all my gear every year. Cause I used too, I bought $300 dollar boots 3 years in a row about 15 years ago. 1 pair turned out just fuckin' horrible, 1 pair, the tongue came right out & they couldn't find the same boot so I ended up getting a shitty boot & a $150 credit. Broke my ankle the first time I used the shitty boots & my seasons pass pretty much went to waste.

I've spent large on decks too, but when something happens to them it's heartbreaking.
My buddy just a new Pickle, fuck you should have heard him whining all day cause it got a scatch that could barely be seen or felt.

I'd still be cryin' if I had paid full price for the Slackcountry I just snapped last week.
I bought the Slack with EX bindings + a brand new pair of El Hefe's for $250 total.
Sold the Hefe's for $300 & snapped the Slack, I still got the EX's & I'm up $50 bucks, so snappin' the Slack doesn't hurt near as bad.

This way I get to try a shit load of boards & bindings & constantly upgrade my gear.
Some deals are just too damn good to pass up

I usually keep my play money separate from my real money.

TT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2 Sims.jpg (64.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg bridge-segments.jpg (70.7 KB, 12 views)

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is offline   Reply With Quote